Tuesday 26 November 2019

DJI Spark usability functions assessment

The most interesting thing about drones, or any kind of technology, is that people will have a different experience with using them.

People who use technology from day to day may find using drones easy and may face no problems or obstacles whilst flying, but people who less frequently use technology may find it difficult to apprehend and may take some time in learning how to fly drones.

The DJI Spark is marketed as an easy to use drone with usability and features that are easily understood even by first time drone users.

I experienced first hand the usability of the DJI Spark, and have developed my own opinion based on my experience.

As the DJI Spark has a max flight time of only 16 minutes, it is a requirement to have the battery at full charge.

Once fully charged, the remote controller needed to be connected to the drone. After I completed the required steps to turn on and connect the remote controller to the drone, I connected my mobile device to the remote via WIFI and logged into and launched the DJI GO 4 app to prepare for flight. 

As a frequent phone user, I found these steps pretty straightforward and should be easy if the steps are followed.

The next step that I completed was the flying of the DJI Spark.



After I started the flight option on the app, it took me through what each of the buttons/options did, which I found quite handy and useful. I then started flying the drone. As I have never used or flew a drone before, I was quite hesitant to start flying as I was unsure of how powerful the controls were. But after I got through the initial hesitation, I found the controls easy to understand and use, which included the up, down, left, right and gimbal movements.

Here is some examples of the DJI Spark in action;



Due to the useful feature of returning to the takeoff point, I found landing the drone an easy step.

Overall, I found the usability and functions of the DJI Spark easy to understand and once I learned all of the controls, flying the drone was just as straightforward.






For some useful tips on how to connect the remote controller to the drone, or to work the DJI GO 4 app, then these articles and videos should prove helpful;

How to connect the DJI Spark to the remote controller.
How to use the DJI GO 4 app.
How to fly the DJI Spark.


Sources:
Source 1


No comments:

Post a Comment